Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just two days away, and I've got a lot to be thankful for.  For instance, compared to last year, I've got my health!  I've had another wonderful year with Ted and I have a loving, caring family.  I've grown closer to my labmates and advisors, which I'm going to mark in the win column.  I've been incredibly (I would almost go so far as to say "unbelievably") successful with my work, between my Sigcomm, HotNets, PAM, and IMC papers (holy crap, were those all this year?), the Best Student Paper Award for Persona, and the fact that two of those papers will be going towards my thesis.  Sony and Obama are pairing up to get LittleBigPlanet in libraries across the nation, so I even have hope for the future of America.

Seriously, the game is that amazing. I only wish that I had more time to play it! Sadly, the slow and steady march of progress moves me on to other games, but LittleBigPlanet will always hold a special place in my heart, along with Super Smash Brothers Melee and Disgaea.

In any case, tomorrow I go to the doctor for a check-up, from which I'll leave to go to my cousin's place for Thanksgiving.  The check-up should be pretty interesting; I think I'm getting the results from my PCR, which should be interesting on way or another.  I also need to see what's going on with my next shipment of Gleevec.  It should be here by now, I would think, though I do still have about two weeks worth of Gleevec, so I'm not too concerned yet.

I'm sure my family will enjoy my mo tomorrow. I facebooked (shush, spellchecker, it is a word if I say it is, and so is "spellchecker") Anika today to ask about getting dye for it, and it sounds like she'll be able to give me some.  I'm thinking of going with a dark blue, and depending on my mood at the time and the quantity of hair dye she can give me, I'll dye my hair, too.  Look forward to a picture of that!  I may also have a mo-shaving party.  Dave suggested that I serve mojitos and mogaritas (with coconut shavings instead of salt).

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for pictures of the blue 'stache. :p

    ReplyDelete