Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Side Effects, Kareem, and BMT

Just a quick update on some stuff. I'm currently feeling a bit crappy, due to a combination of retaining water, muscle (especially back) aches, and an odd bruise that I need to ask the doctor about. I think I might need to get a new chair for work that will help my back feel better.

Today, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar came out as a fellow CaMeL... though it sounds like he caught things really early and was spared the distress of growing a hump. Needless to say, I've watched the Airplane scene with him in it a few times today. This also explains why he was playing for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society when he was on Celebrity Jeopardy recently.

Also, I got a phone call from my brother, Billy. He got the results from his bone marrow test, and he is apparently at least a preliminary match. So that's good, at least. Of course, a bone marrow transplant is only a last resort if Gleevec, Sprycel, and Tasignia were all to stop working for me. With any luck, that will never happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment