Sunday, October 04, 2009

Normal Again

I felt pretty normal today. That probably wouldn't sound like an accomplishment to most people, but this is the first time since I was diagnosed with Carmichael that I've really felt that things were normal again.

Today was a lazy Sunday, just like any other lazy Sunday I've enjoyed with Ted for the past 5 years or so. We got up around 8 o'clock (that's late for us), and Ted graded papers while I played "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?" on my new PSP Go, which of course I played with a PS3 controller on our nice TV. At 10:00, I switched to just the PSP Go while Ted watched This Week. Then we took a shower, and then I played more of my game. Around noon, Ted made lunch and we watched a DVRed Saturday Night Live together. Then I played my game for a long time, until right before dinner time when we started watching Across the Universe. We took a break in the middle for Ted to make a delicious dinner, and after we finished dinner and the movie, Ted watched 60 minutes while I did the dishes. Then I just played "Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?" for the rest of the evening since I had finished my other game.

It was nice. The only time I really thought about Carmichael was when I took my pills, and that was pretty brief. I've had no side effects to speak of today, although I have had some cramps in my hands; while this is a side effect of Gleevec, it is much more likely that this was caused by the frustration of playing "Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?" It's fun, but frustrating.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be just as good, because I have a lot of work to do by Wednesday. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment