Monday, October 05, 2009

Out of my funk

Today was good. I managed to get up and go to the gym, and was able to burn 70% more calories than I was ever able to do before my diagnosis and treatment. I feel great in general, which makes me think my blood cell counts are starting to correct themselves.

I was totally lucid at work and even fairly productive. I almost finished the first draft of my Bond Breaker slides; this is the paper I will present at HotNets in New York on October 22nd or so. I'm looking forward to it, especially since I've never been to New York before.

It's time to start thinking about Sigcomm... something I've been dreading but that I think will be good for me. It looks like I'll probably be working on the iOwes paper with Dave, which is good, because I won't be the lead author (I don't know for sure that I could handle that right now) and because it's still very much related to OSNs, my area of research. I just hope I can handle the 80 hour work weeks that are to come in my not-too-distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment